Craighouse is located in the beautiful Morningside district of Edinburgh, offering views of the city’s iconic skyline. The development has been meticulously restored to celebrate the coming together of history and modernity. It really is living, breathing space, surrounded by woodland in order to provide seclusion and privacy.
But what can you expect from Craighouse once you step through the door of one of these homes? To show you, we’ll be guiding you through a Burton apartment on the site.
The Burton properties at Craighouse consist of 6 townhouses, 4 luxury penthouses, 2 duplexes and 20 apartments, all forming part of a modern new-build within the incredible landscaped grounds of this historic development. Finding a balance between old and new is something that is often a challenge on developments that combine restoration work and new-build properties, but at Craighouse this is achieved with ease.
Every corner of the Burton blends is fresh, bright and tailored to the modern lifestyle ,with flexible open-plan spaces that can be adapted to meet the needs of any family. Yet the decorative style of the 19th century can be found running through each property – from the use of historical stone to the design of the large, south-facing windows, which provide stunning views across the open lawns.
Burton interiors all contain designer kitchens and bathrooms and high quality fixtures and finishes throughout. Let’s break down some of these features and see exactly what you get with a Burton home.
- Bespoke kitchen designs from Kitchen International
- Integrated top of the line appliances from Siemens, including integrated dishwasher, microwave, induction hob and steel oven
- Stainless steel sink with chrome monoblock mixer tap
- Integrated spacious fridge freezer
- Integrated compartmental recycling bins
Bathrooms and en-suites
- Bespoke bathroom designs
- Plenty of bathroom storage
- Ceramic wall tiling and floor tiles
- Shower enclosures or showers over baths and glass shower screens
- High quality sanitary ware from Villeroy and Boch
- Taps and shower fittings from leading provider Hansgrohe
Lighting and electrical features
- Brushed steel power sockets and light switches to public rooms
- Downlights to the hall, kitchen, lounge, bathroom and en-suite, including the shower areas
- Pendant lighting in bedrooms for a relaxed atmosphere
- TV, BT and USB charging points in all rooms
- Shaver power points in the master en-suite
- An external socket to the penthouse terrace
- Provision for acquiring Satellite and Cable television
- Important safety features including mains operated smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors, video entry system to apartment blocks with lift access to all floors and a security alarm in all ground floor properties
- Central heating system throughout
- Chrome towel rails in both bathrooms and en-suites
- Contemporary radiators throughout the property
- Electric tile warming in the main bathroom, perfect for winter mornings
Internal doors and features
- Contemporary pre-finished solid core doors with chrome ironmongery
- White satin skirting and facings
- Integrated wardrobes
Decoration and finishes
- White emulsion finish on all ceilings and walls
- Oak flooring in all hall, lounge and open plan kitchen areas
Ready to reserve your new home at Craighouse? To express your interest or for more information simply click here.