By Kirsty Ireland, Skyscanner
We’re celebrating a momentous milestone here at Skyscanner with 40 million people now using our site every month. To celebrate (and to give our CEO and co-founder Gareth a much earned break) we are reaching out to our users and inviting one of them to take up the mantle and assume the title of Skyscanner’s CEO for the day.*
Gareth has successfully guided Skyscanner from a simple spreadsheet back in 2003, to the world class travel search engine that the business is today. However, during that time, the opportunity for him to take a holiday has been scarce. Running an award-winning billion dollar company is no easy feat! So, in order to give him the break that he justifiably deserves, we are asking our users for a little help.
Skyscanner always puts customers firmly at the heart of everything it does, so now it’s time for one of those users to come and steer the ship. We’re looking for applicants who are passionate fans of travel, budding entrepreneurs of the future, aspiring tech talent, or indeed anyone who uses the site or apps and believes they can offer interesting insights on how we can move forward.
What’s more, the successful candidate will be handsomely remunerated for their efforts and strategic input – as we’re offering our one-off CEO £2,500 for the day’s work!
So, what will our chosen applicant do for the day? It will be a busy schedule consisting of:
• Giving us insights into our flights, hotels and car hire products – what do you like, what features should we add?
• Testing changes to our sites and apps and providing feedback
• Gareth is somewhat of a ping-pong pro so you’ll be taking on a fellow hot-shot at table tennis
• Reviewing and commenting on company strategy
• Handling a media interview
• Drawing weird doodles (Gareth spends many an important meeting channelling his thoughts into elaborate illustrations!)
We’re asking interested candidates to apply for the position using the form on this page and submit their applications by the 24th August.
* Please note, applicants must be available to travel to our Edinburgh HQ for the day (travel expenses are not covered,)